Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2010 Stay Close to JESUS!





Well as you can see from the date, it has been quite awhile since I "blogged". It was quite hectic for me the latter part of 2009. Some of you may know my mom passed away Thanksgiving week.

I thank God for his care over me and my family. I also thank God for the privilege of being part of the remnant!

You know "remnant", we are the ones everybody in our families or children thinks are "Jesus and Mary" freaks....we're too "judgmental".....too hard.......too rigid.......we go to church too much....why isn't Sunday enough? (We try to live as Father John Corapi says, the 10 COMMANDMENTS....not the 10 Suggestions).

I don't bother trying to convince anyone anymore by getting into "discussions." I have to let my actions speak for me. Perhaps at one time I felt I was rather "holier than thou".......and then God let me fall off my own pedestal.

This was waaayyy back when I knew NOTHING of my faith!!

Thank you God for humility! For allowing me to find you at the foot of the Cross through my sorrow and pain....which you have taught me is NOTHING compared to what you suffered for me and for all mankind.

How did I find the greatest secret in the world??? Why was it kept from me for so long??

You are wondering, "What is that secret???" "Tell me!"

Well after going through a d- i- v- o- r- c- e as Tammy Wynette sang, even a bad marriage ending is hard to go through. My heart was broken......I didn't fit anymore with my married friends...and I certainly wasn't "single"...not with all my children......who wanted me? Who would take away this pain?

Then somehow in the midst of going through all of that I wound up hearing a lady give her account of her "after death" experience with Jesus and heaven....HOW did I find my way there??

God had it planned all along....I had a divine appointment that October night.......and hearing this fascinating story of going to heaven and seeing the "pearly" gates, and being before the throne of JESUS....wow! My heart was beating....my knees were shaking...but I found myself getting up from my seat to walk to where this lady was giving an invitation to anyone who wanted to know THIS Jesus......I mean I had heard and thought I knew the Jesus who was up in the cosmos somewhere....who MAYBE knew who I was...and cared a little.......but THIS JESUS?

It was a little prayer prayed with ALL OF MY BEING....I was tired of crying, tired of rejection, tired of pain.........and then this feeling washed over me after that prayer.....like warm honey just flowing down my body......I felt it from the top of my head...to the soles of my feet.....God had me where I needed to be.....broken.....humbled......ready.......to do things His way.

All of this happened one night in October almost thirty years ago.....at the age of 33...I finally opened the gift I had received at Confirmation.....I finally allowed the Holy Spirit to invade my heart...to be released....to be real...and teach me about Jesus, the Father and how the Holy Spirit worked in my life if I would...and here is the key.......s u r r e n d e r.....give up! Stop getting in the way! So that was my "altar call"....but it compares little to my altar call of today.

When I get up from my pew, within my heart talking to, praying to, worshiping, and loving my Triune God on my way to receive J E S U S! Who will, if I continue to get out of HIS way...be able to shine through this miserable creature. The JESUS I consume...and then as I get out of His way he can then consume ME with His Love!

This blog might now just be my way of "ranting and raving" about different things and/or talking to my heart.
Talk to you soon......
Oh, the secret? GOD LOVES ME! WOW...HE KNOWS ME! HE IS WITH ME! AND He was there all the time....for everyone if they will only let Him in their hearts......